Individual Budget and Direct Payment Support Service – Brokerage for Care:
Inspire provides support to individuals with Direct Payments (DP) and Individual Budgets (IB) who have chosen a self-managed support plan through an assessment by their local authority to receive a self-managed support plan.
This enables and empowers an individual to have greater control in the way that you receive your support.
Our Services include:
- Advice about how to access the scheme
- The nature, roles and responsibilities of the scheme
- Financial management and budget skills
- The legal responsibilities of being an employer
- Opening bank accounts and keeping records
- Recruitment, advertisements, job descriptions, personal specifications and work contracts
- Interviewing potential staff
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Health and safety issues
- Staff management and assertiveness skills
- Information about tax and national insurance
- Facilitation of documents for a payroll company
This support service is available for:
- Older people
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory impairments - (i.e. people who are: deaf, hard of hearing, partially sighted, blind or deaf-blind)
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- Parents of children with disabilities
For more information, please contact Melanie McNaught on 0203 045 5341 or email@example.com
Many thanks for your help. I found the service excellent and your kind attitude was very much appreciated.
Came for an assessment but was also helped with a walking stick and information on attendance allowance for us. For us, personally, you could not improve your service to us. You all attended my mother in a kind, friendly and professional way.
Opening hours: 09.00 – 17.00; Monday – Friday
Phone: 020 3045 5100
Frequently Asked Questions - Direct Payment Brokerage Support Services
What does legislation say about a Direct Payment/Individual Budget?
Please view www.bexley.gov.uk regarding the new Care Act 2014
What can I spend my child’s DP on?
You can spend your child’s DP on activities where the family are having respite away from the child (for example going horseback riding without the family present) but also on hiring a Personal Care Assistant.